The Modern Diet Dilemma - The Nutrition Gap
Don't I get everything I need from my diet?
In an ideal world you would:
- Grow and eat your own produce in nutrient rich soils with pure air and water.
- Pick and eat the produce that same day.
- Use cookware and cooking methods to maximise the nutrient availability of your food.
- Eat exactly the right quantities and types of foods for optimum nourishment at each stage of life.
- Get regular exercise.
- Have a great work-life balance.
- Have a well-balanced social support system.
- Have a fulfilled spiritual life.
- Live happy and healthy to a ripe old age.
Our ideal world is not realistic and that is why our bodies tend to show signs of strain. Nutritional therapy can help redress the imbalances and give you the best chance of living healthy and happy right into old age avoiding the chronic diseases (cardiovascular disease, cognitive decline, immune issues etc) that plague our western world.
Nutritional Therapy is not a replacement for medical advice. Your doctor or healthcare professional should always be aware of any nutritional therapy program that you may be on.
©Laura Mussell 2011, 67 Groveland Way, New Malden, KT3 5BT
Laura Mussell is not responsible for the content of external sites